Thursday 4 September 2014

Andy Murray Left Disappointed

Novak Djokovic: Outlasted Andy Murray in quarter-finals of US Open in New YorkAndy Murray was left "disappointed" after he lost a four-set epic against Novak Djokovic at the US Open.
There was no repeat of Murray’s 2012 heroics as he eventually went down 7-6 6-7 6-2 6-4 to the top seed after an enthralling battle at Flushing Meadows.
Djokovic had needed three hours and 32 minutes to finally overcome the British No 1, who had played some brilliant tennis early on before tiring towards the end.
And Murray admitted that Djokovic’s physicality had been crucial to deciding the outcome of the quarter-final.
“I am obviously disappointed. It is extremely late. I am tired and I don’t feel particularly proud right now,” Murray said.
“I think there was some good tennis. I have not had time to analyse the match or think about it yet but there was some good tennis there and hopefully I can build on.

Fresher

“I would say definitely physically he was fresher towards the end. “I tried to hang in the best I could in the fourth set but he appeared fresher. Whether he was or not, I don’t know, maybe he is better at hiding it than me but the pace on my serve slowed significantly towards the end of the third set.”
The considerable consolation for Murray was that he played his best tennis since back surgery almost a year ago and looks close to the form that brought him two grand slam titles.
"I played well," said the eighth seed. "Especially the first couple of sets there was some good tennis. I played a poor tie-break in the first set definitely. "I was down in the first set and I fought back. I was down in the second set and I fought back. So I fought hard. I played some good tennis. But it wasn't enough."
By SkySports

No comments:

Post a Comment