Tuesday 14 October 2014

Gareth Hock to remain with Salford Red Devils

Salford Red Devils have confirmed forward Gareth Hock is to remain at the AJ Bell Stadium after withdrawing his transfer request.
The former Wigan Warriors man was expected to leave the Red Devils after asking to leave in September, a request which was granted by the club.
However, following discussions with club officials and team-mates the 31-year-old has changed his mind and is now happy staying at Salford.
"The fans haven’t yet seen the best of me so now I have to get back to work and head into pre-season and get ready for what should be an exciting 2015 for the Red Devils."
Gareth Hock
Hock, who has three years remaining on a four-year contract, has confirmed he had offers from elsewhere, although he is now ready to knuckle down and show the Red Devils the best of his ability.
“I am really happy to be staying at this club,” he told the club’s official website.
“When I signed a long-term deal at the start of 2014 it was never my intention to be seeking a move within 12 months but I had been through what was a frustrating time for me personally when I experienced my recent suspension from the game and I began to feel that I needed a change of environment.

Exciting season

“I realise I upset a fair few people and I can only apologise to them and say that I firmly intend to make things right next season. The fans haven’t yet seen the best of me so now I have to get back to work and head into pre-season and get ready for what should be an exciting 2015 for the Red Devils.
“I did have offers to play elsewhere in Super League and in rugby union but I now appreciate what a truly good club the Red Devils are and I’m sure we are going to have a big year next year.
“I was also grateful throughout my time away from the club for the support and commitment made to me by the owner Marwan Koukash and coach Iestyn Harris who were a major part in my decision to withdraw my transfer request.”
Red Devils owner Marwan Koukash added: “It has been good talking to Gaz and getting to the bottom of his issues here.
“It’s fair to say if you want a quiet life you probably don’t sign players like Gareth Hock and bring them into your team, but we don’t want a quiet life at the Red Devils, we want trophies and on his day Gareth is one of the best forwards in the world.
“Now he will remain with us it is up to Iestyn Harris and his coaches to make sure he has one of those best days every time he plays."
Gaz Hock is not going anywhere and we are very pleased that he is fully committed to the Red Devils.
By SkySports

No comments:

Post a Comment