Friday 17 October 2014

Mourinho disrespectful- Lambert

Paul Lambert with Roy Keane
Paul Lambert has backed Roy Keane's claim that Jose Mourinho was disrespectful for attempting to shake their hands before the final whistle of Chelsea's recent 3-0 win over Aston Villa.
The Villa boss and his assistant ignored Mourinho's offer of a handshake with at least three minutes remaining of last month's match at Stamford Bridge.
Former Sunderland and Ipswich boss Keane was angry with the Portuguese coach, saying: "You wouldn’t do that on a Sunday morning, you would get knocked out."
Lambert has echoed the Irishman's comments. Speaking ahead of Saturday's match against Everton, he said: "Yeah, I do (think it was disrespectful), yeah. My thoughts are exactly the same as Roy's on them.
"The game has not even finished. I just thought it was wrong. It's not the way I was brought up."
And Lambert admits he is unfazed by comments in Keane's controversial book which have cast doubts on his No 2 role at Villa Park.
In his explosive autobiography, the former Manchester United midfielder said he would leave the club if it affected his 'primary role' as Martin O'Neill's assistant with the Republic of Ireland, adding he 'would quit Villa if the Republic lost three games in a row'.
But Lambert played down the comments, saying: "I think that's been blown well out of proportion. I don't see Ireland losing three games anyway, so I don't think I need to worry about that.
"It made me laugh when I saw what some people were saying about his comments. I knew a lot of what was going in the book so there's no problem."
By SkySports

No comments:

Post a Comment