Friday 6 June 2014

Keshi expects much more from Eagles



Nigeria head coach, Stephen Keshi has admitted that he demands too much from his players following his post match comments after the Super Eagles drew 0-0 with Greece in an international friendly on June 3.
Keshi was upset his charges did not record a win over the Greeks and was quick to voice his sentiments during the post-match press conference.
“It’s a game we should have won easily but here we are not playing to our style.
“We play possession football and press the opposition to give up but we didn’t do that till towards the end of the game but it’s part of the learning curve and we will get there before the World Cup starts,” a flustered Keshi said.
The Nigeria coach has now backtracked on his hard line stance stressing instead that his demands on his players may be unrealistic.
“I think I was asking for a lot (during that game against Greece).
“I have just realised that as a team, we only started training together last week in Philadelphia.
“We did not even train before our first tune-up game against Scotland but just went in there and knocked the ball around.
“I know I am asking for too much but I needed to push the boys and ask for more (from them).
“I only saw our real style of play in the final 15 minutes against Greece and I hope that in our next game against the United States, it’s going to be much, much better,” he said.
Nigeria’s game against the United States on 7 June will be decided at the 67,164 capacity EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment