Friday 4 August 2017

PSG unveils Neymar

NEYMAR has been unveiled in Paris after completing his world record £198million move to PSG.
The staggering deal for the Brazilian was announced last night for a world record fee – and he confirmed he wants to play in the Ligue 1 opener tomorrow. Neymar left his home with some belongings and headed for Barcelona Airport for the short flight to Paris before landing a couple of hours later and taking a tour of the Parc des Princes.
But he admitted he agonised over his decision to leave the Catalan club and said the choice was NOT motivated by money – despite being paid £515,000 a week after tax.
Neymar said: “I was never motivated by money.
“It was one of the most difficult decisions I’ve ever made, I was at a great club at Barcelona, I love Barcelona, I have great friends at the club.
“They are fantastic players, it wasn’t easy at all. It was very tense, I had to think, re-think and think again about what I wanted to achieve in my life.
“I’ve left a lot of very good friends behind, but that’s football, things go really fast in football, yhou make friends at every team you play for and that’s everything.
“I’d like to thank my friends at Barcelona but I felt it was the right time to leave and look for something different. "I spoke with the Brazilian players at Paris Saint-Germain and they were my friends. I kind of feel at home already.
"I’m really looking forward to starting practice with my new team-mates, I’m looking forward to playing games, and of course trying to achieve the objectives I want to achieve.
"It’s a question of ambition, [PSG] have a very similar ambition to mine.
"I want something bigger, I want a bigger challenge and my heart made that decision and my heart made me follow this ambition. This is why I’m in front of you today, in order to give my best.
"To help this club, to achieve and win trophies.
"I wanted to come to Paris and this was only linked to me willing to find a new challenge. It’s not because I didn’t feel like a star at Barcelona and I wanted to be the big star, I felt comfortable at Barcelona.
"So this is not what I’m looking for in Paris. I’m looking for something new, trophies, this is what Paris Saint-Germain wants, they deserve it and this is why I came here. This is what motivates me, I want to do my best.
From The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment