Friday 29 September 2017

Guardiola fears he will be axed at Manchester City if

PEP GUARDIOLA fears he will be axed at Manchester City if he fails to win any silverware this term.
City, who started last season well, have won five of their opening six Premier League games and netted 21 goals already. But speaking to Gary Lineker on the BBC’s Premier League Show, Guardiola said: “We will be judged on how many titles we win — if not we will be a failure, we know that.
“I am happy to be here but it depends on the success we will have.
“With big clubs like Manchester City, if you cannot win then you cannot stay.”
He went on to admit he "needs a trophy this season" and discussed how hard it can be to keep all his squad happy.
He continued: "I understand completely when they are unhappy being absent, completely.
"My door is open 24 hours, but when they ask why they are not playing I say 'I don’t know, I have just picked the other one, because also he deserves to play'." Man City smashed Crystal Palace 5-0 last time in the Premier League, and next up they face a tricky tie away to Chelsea on Saturday.
Guardiola added: "Last season was so exciting, it was easy to win, and after look what happened.
"We have the feeling now that we are going to score a goal. That is our feeling right now. Last season we didn’t have that.
"We created a lot but we didn’t score the goals." "I'm not here to talk about my contract," he added.
"Of course it is exciting times here and I want to be part of the success.
"As a footballer, you want to win trophies and be part of a successful team and for me, Manchester United is that club.
"The most successful club in England and hopefully we can add to the trophies we won last season and hopefully win some more.
"I feel really good. Obviously getting the armband is a proud moment to captain Manchester United.
"It is an honour for me. It shows the manager has trust in me and I've got to repay him and I think I've been doing that in the games I've played." "I'm not here to talk about my contract," he added.

"Of course it is exciting times here and I want to be part of the success.

"As a footballer, you want to win trophies and be part of a successful team and for me, Manchester United is that club.

"The most successful club in England and hopefully we can add to the trophies we won last season and hopefully win some more.

"I feel really good. Obviously getting the armband is a proud moment to captain Manchester United.

"It is an honour for me. It shows the manager has trust in me and I've got to repay him and I think I've been doing that in the games I've played."

From The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment