Friday 24 November 2017

Eliaquim Mangala admits he may leave Manchester City in January

ELIAQUIM MANGALA has added to Pep Guardiola’s centre-back woes by admitting he could leave Manchester City in January.
The Frenchman has made just five appearances in all competitions this season after failing to secure a move away from the Etihad last summer.
 Eliaquim Mangala admits he may have to leave Man City in January
Guardiola has preferred Vincent Kompany, Nicolas Otamendi and John Stones at the heart of his defence this term.
But an injury to the latter, as well as Kompany's general lack of fitness, means Mangala could now be set for a run in City’s title-chasing XI.
However, Guardiola has revealed that he intends to land another centre-back this winter after trying to land Jonny Evans from West Brom.
Virgil van Dijk is believed to be the City boss’ first-choice target, with Southampton open to selling him for a mega fee. And Mangala concedes he may have to pack his bags sooner rather than later as he looks to secure regular football elsewhere and boost his chances of making France’s World Cup squad.
Mangala said: “I’m very realistic. I know everything can happen. I am here today. “Whether I will be here in two months, next summer, one year, you never know. The only thing you can do is to be focused on what I can control.
“At the moment I am in the squad, I am at this club. I am going to work, to help my team-mates, whether I am playing or not.”
From The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment