Friday 24 November 2017

Juan Mata could finish career at Manchester United

JUAN MATA admits he is open to finishing his career at Manchester United.
And the Spaniard is also keen on playing at the highest level until he’s 40 years old, just like Old Trafford legend Ryan Giggs.
 Juan Mata admits he's open to finishing his career at Man Utd
Despite not being an automatic starter under Jose Mourinho, Mata has still made an impressive contribution to United’s title charge this season.
He’s featured in nine of their 12 games so far and continues to be a fan favourite thanks to his work rate and charitable endeavours off the pitch.
But Mata is out of contract at the end of the season, and speculation is mounting as to whether United will trigger the automatic one-year clause to keep him until 2019.
However, the former Chelsea ace would love to stay at Old Trafford, and is even open to sticking around for the next decade. Mata told ESPN: “[Finish my career here?] Why not? I’m 29 and hopefully I can play football for some more years.
“It would be great to play until I’m 40 like Ryan Giggs. But that’s still a bit far, still 11 years. “I’m happy here. The club is massive, the support we have is massive. I’ve been settled down in the city since year one. Now it’s my fourth year in Manchester.
“You never know what can happen in football and in life. But my feeling now is that I’m happy here and I wouldn’t have any problem continuing here for more time.”
From The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment