Tuesday 28 November 2017

Marco Silva eager to follow in the footsteps of ‘friend’ Jose Mourinho

MARCO SILVA wants to follow in the footsteps of his pal Jose Mourinho and become the next Premier League Special One.
Silva's Watford team host high-flying Manchester United led by his fellow Portuguese manager tonight.
 Watford boss Marco Silva is ready to prove his is 'special' just like his friend Jose Mourinho
The Hornets are eighth in the table having demolished Newcastle on Saturday to notch up their fourth win on the road this season.
And Silva said: “Of course I’d like to emulate Mourinho.
“It’s important and a good sign when somebody compares you with a good coach.
“In Portugal he is a very important coach because of what he has done over the last 15 years and he has shown the way for other Portuguese coaches as well. He has a winning mentality. “Mourinho has had a fantastic career until now and I need to do my job and build my career too.
“The fixture is a good opportunity for me to spend a little bit of time with him. Our relationship is very good. “We are friends. OK, our lives now mean we don’t see each other often, but he is a very good person and we exchange texts.
“Before the game we will talk a little bit with each other but once the match starts it is Watford against Manchester United — and I want to win. I want to get another result.” Silva’s impressive start at Watford saw him emerge as Everton’s No 1 choice to replace Ronald Koeman in the Goodison Park hotseat. But the Hornets have turned down approaches from the struggling Merseysiders to speak to their boss — even firing off legal letters warning Everton to keep their hands off or risk being reported to the Premier League.
Silva, 40, who moved to Vicarage Road from Hull City this summer, admits he turned to Mourinho (left) for advice before coming to England from Olympiakos in Greece. He said: “It was before I came to Hull, I think, and at the end of last season as well.
“When I wanted to know something about the Premier League when I was in Portugal or Greece, the best person to talk to was Jose.
“He told me good things about the competition, the Premier League and the matches.”
His predecessor Walter Mazzarri was feted in Watford last season after the Hornets beat United 3-1 for the first time since 1986.
From The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment