Saturday 23 December 2017

Sam Allardyce gives Everton players Christmas Day off

SAM ALLARDYCE has handed his Everton players an early festive treat — by giving them Christmas Day off.
While many top-flight squads will be training on Monday, Everton’s lucky stars have been told to put their feet up.
 Sam Allardyce has given his Everton players Christmas Day off
Toffees boss Allardyce explained: “The players are never in on Christmas Day when I’m a manager.
“I’ve been doing it for 20 years and I’ve never brought the players in on Christmas Day.
“And you know why? Because I hated it when I was a player.”
Allardyce hopes the perk brings out the best in Wayne Rooney and Co for their visit to West Brom on Boxing Day. Big Sam added: “It was the worst thing I ever had to do when I was a player, to have to come in and train on Christmas Day.
“It was a complete waste of time. I thought that then and I still think it now. “So I will enjoy the day with my daughter and grandchildren before we go to West Brom.”
Meanwhile, Allardyce has laughed off links with old favourite Lamine Kone, explaining: “There’s no truth in it at the moment. I’m not sure whether I’d be interested or not, to be honest.”
From The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment