Friday 23 March 2018

Chelsea in fight to keep Thibaut Courtois

CHELSEA stopper Willy Caballero is set to stay as back-up keeper whoever is No1 next season.
The Argie ace impressed in cup competitions after his switch from Manchester City and is reportedly happy with his role.
 Willy Caballero is reportedly happy to stay in Thibaut Courtois' shadow, with the duo getting on wall
And Goal.com claims Stamford Bridge chiefs will activate an extension clause to keep Caballero, 36, for another year.
Argentina were sufficiently impressed with his occasional performances that he was called up to their squad to face Spain and Italy.
Meanwhile, Blues No1 Thibaut Courtois' future remains up in the air amid interest from Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.
The Belgian international's contract runs out in 2019 and he has spoken of returning to Madrid, where his two kids live. Blues chiefs are hopeful they can get the 25-year-old to sign an extension but risk losing him on a free and may be tempted to cash in this summer.
Last week, Courtois insisted he was ready to play for Chelsea - hinting he could out pen to paper once the season is over. He said:  "I'm committed to Chelsea. I have a contract until next year and I will be here. I will do my best for it. "Obviously there is no extension signed but I don't think now is the moment to do it. I think it is better to wait until the end of the season.
"All I can say is I'm committed to Chelsea and also committed for next year."

From The Sun


No comments:

Post a Comment