Tuesday 24 October 2017

Cristiano Ronaldo named Men’s Player of the Year at Fifa’s The Best awards

CRISTIANO RONALDO has been named the Men's Player of the Year at Fifa's The Best awards in London.
The Real Madrid superstar beat rivals Lionel Messi and Neymar to win the crown for a fifth time and the second year in a row. Ronaldo, 32, won the award at a star-studded bash hosted by A-lister Idris Elba at the London Palladium.
Ronaldo said: "Thank you, the guys who voted on me. And a mention to Lionel [Messi] and Neymar.
"My team-mates, my coach, my president, they support all the year so I say thank you to them.
"We are in England for the first time and I win consecutive efforts so it is a great moment for me. "I appreciate the support, thank you very much.
"It's great to be here around these amazing players. I'm so happy, guys. Thank you very much." Ronaldo played a typically integral part in Real Madrid becoming the first team to successfully defend the Champions League last season.
The winger scored 12 goals in the process. And he of course led Portugal to success at Euro 2016.
Los Blancos also won La Liga last season and the man who is favourite to win the Ballon d'Or next year shows no signs of slowing down yet.
From The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment