Sunday 14 January 2018

Barcelona new boy Yerry Mina takes boots and socks off to walk onto Nou Camp pitch at unveiling

BARCELONA new boy Yerry Mina shocked onlookers as he went barefoot during his unveiling at the Nou Camp.
The La Liga giants forked out £10million to sign the superstitious Colombian from Brazilian side Palmeiras earlier this week.
 The 23-year-old took off his boots before he marched onto the pitch
Mina used the same ritual when he was revealed as a Palmeiras player in May 2016.
After posing for photographs and waving to the fans, he stopped to take off his boots and socks before stepping onto the pitch.
The 23-year-old said: "There is a saying in my country that says, 'Touch the land you want to conquer with the sole of your feet.' And here I want to make history with everyone.
"I always do it and I hope to succeed." Before he was set to take on the kick up challenge, the 23-year-old slipped back into his Adidas Predators.
Mina added: "I have come to work. To contribute to the team and learn from my team-mates. "This is a great club and since arriving you can feel the atmosphere here.
"I was given the opportunity to come now and I did not think twice. I'm going to work to bring somethings to the best players in the world." He will wear the No24 shirt and Barca have slapped a release clause of £89million on his contract.
The 23-year-old will become the first Colombian to play for the La Liga leaders after signing the five-and-a-half-year deal.
There are reports that Ernesto Valverde could loan Mina out to continue his development.
From The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment