Sunday 14 January 2018

Am sleeping easily - Chelsea boss Antonio Conte

ANTONIO CONTE is ready to put his feud with Jose Mourinho to bed after claiming he is not losing any sleep over the comments.
The Chelsea chief watched his side's slump continue with a 0-0 draw against 10-man Leicester - a club record third stalemate in a row.
 Antonio Conte is happy to end his spat with Jose Mourinho
And after Mourinho indicated his desire to bury the hatchet, the Italian insisted he is ready to do the same.
Conte, 48, said:  "I said I stop. It is the same for me. I do not know if he said this for me. I am not worried, I sleep very well."
After the Blues toiled to a fourth draw in a row, Conte defended his exhausted stars.
He added: "My plan was to play with one team in the FA Cup, and then these two games with almost the same players. But I think I saw a lot of players very tired. "Against Norwich I made nine changes. Against Arsenal maybe 10 changes.
"I thought that two games, after two and a half days, for the same players was normal to recover. "But we have to consider that, in this period, to face all competitions is not simple. The first thing I have to find is the right balance. "At the same time, against Norwich we played 3-4-3 with Pedro, Willian and [Michy] Batshuayi, but we didn't score. It was the same.
"This is not a problem with the system. In both systems we are conceding less but, with both systems, we are scoring less than last season. We have to try to improve on this aspect."
From The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment